7

On Books and Best Friends

Lately I've been forcing my best friend to read all the same books that I've been reading. This is one of my best ideas ever.  No, seriously.  Usually I'm forced to chat about a book I just finished with strangers new friends on the internet, but peer pressuring my bff Liz, who I know to have similar taste in books, is exponentially more satisfying.  If you haven't done this already with your own friends, I highly recommend it.

Recently, I forced her to read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire so that I wouldn't suffer alone until Mockingjay is released in August.  And because I am a terrible salesperson, she read them pretty much out of sheer trust in my taste (luckily for her, I have really great taste).  In my defense, the books are absolutely fantastic, but really hard to describe enticingly.

And to give you a better idea of how much I love both my friend and reading books, I have to tell you that she finished reading them last night, at 1:00 am, and instantly sent me a text message.  Not only wasn't I mad, I was so psyched that we could finally discuss them that we ended up on the phone for an hour.  At 1:00 am.  On a weekday.  And it was actually really awesome.  Friends are the best.  And friends with whom you can read?  Nothing beats it.

Now, what should I make her read next?

Above picture is courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

|

7 Comments


LOL! Love the adorable kitten photo and look forward to getting to know you! I posted about my BFF's, yesterday, on my blog. If time permits, I'd love for you to check it out. Hope you had a great Humpday! Tory


How about a classic novel? Like...The Bible!

Btw which cat am I in this picture and what book are we reading there?


Tory: it was extremely difficult, but I persevered through a LOT of kittens with books pictures to pick out this perfect one. Thank you for recognizing my efforts. Someone had to take on that task, and it might as well be me, right? I'm looking forward to getting to know you too!

Liz: Which cat do you want to be? And apparently we are reading a psychology textbook. Crazy, right? :) Next book will not be the Bible. It will be a surprise.


Hmm. I just put Hunger Games on the Kindle the other day...


Jeffe: READ IT! Today. Seriously. It's awesome. And then we can chat about it! Perhaps by a pool somewhere.


What are bffs for if not to coerce into reading the books you want them to? Sounds like great fun to me. :)


Linda G.: Totally! It's like a public service and indulging your bossy side all in one. No wonder BFFs are so fun.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Elizabeth Ryann All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.