Okay, so I've been winning a lot of books lately (all the RomCon books totally count because I won the tickets for that too), and so I think it's time I share the wealth. The box of books from the conference has finally arrived and what that means for you guys is: A contest! Whoo! I have a number of doubles, so I think the best option is to do one grand prize (that'll be this entry) and then a number of smaller prizes over the next few weeks. Because to be perfectly honest, I'm awful at getting to the post office and shipping things. So let's not test me all at once with that.
What's the prize? Why, it's some fancy loot from RomCon, including but not limited to the things pictured below. There will likely be a few extra surprises in there:
- Laura Kinsale's The Prince of Midnight
- Laura Kinsale's Uncertain Magic
- Laura Kinsale's Midsummer Moon
- Laura Kinsale's Seize the Fire
- Brenda Novak's The Perfect Murder
- Jeaniene Frost's Destined for an Early Grave
- Kristan Higgins The Next Best Thing
- Linda Lael Miller's McKettricks of Texas: Tate
- Judith Arnold's Meet Me in Manhattan (Advanced Reader's Copy)
- Samhain Publishing T-shirt
- RomCon 2011 mouse pad
- RomCon pen
- RomCon tote bag
To make it the most fair for people who are already followers, and who have assured me they're totally cool with me just giving them the prize, I think we'll go with a points system. So, here's how to snag some points to enter:
1. Leave me an email address in the comments of this entry at which to contact you if you win. This one's important, guys. And the only step that's actually required. (+1 point) [Note: If you feel uncomfortable leaving your email address, just let me know an alternative method of contacting you. Like Twitter DM or something. That's a perfectly acceptable substitute.]
2. Follow this blog. (Already a follower? +2 points!! New follower? The link's in the column to the right. +1 And hey, welcome!)
3. Follow me on Twitter. (Already a follower? +3 points! If you're new? +2)
4. Tweet this contest. (+1 point - I'll go with the honor system here. You don't need to provide a link. But you can do this step as many times as you like. No, really, you can. Don't let me limit you.)
5. Blog about this or otherwise write something getting the word out. (+2 points!)
6. Add up all your points for me. (+1 point)
That means you can have a max of ten entries/points in the contest, or a minimum of one. Make sense? If you do something that's worth more points, cool! Delete your earlier comment with your old points total, and make a new comment with your new points total.
By entering into the contest, you agree that you are over the age of 13. Also the contest is limited to the continental United States (Sorry, Territories. And international friends.). Contest opens now, and ends Friday, August 6th, at 5:00 pm PST.